Friday, April 29, 2011

A more thoughtful post

Sorry for the last post and the complete disconnect from one paragraph to another. I was trying to share pictures of the little changes we did to our house to prepare for the kids. I could have deleted it or edited it now that I have a few quiet moments, but that wouldn't be true to the purpose of this blog, which is to share the insanity and sweetness of a life in foster care and adoption through the state!

So, allow me to try once more and do some esplaining, Lucy! During my last post, I was about to leave for a play date and was trying to get a blog post with pics of the new rooms up really quickly before tonight's ceremony and before the kids destroy their rooms with all the crap they'll bring with them. (crap is a term of endearment in my vocab) So, I loaded up all the girls in the car (no small feat) and finally had silence. I decided to eek in a few paragraphs before leaving for said play date while the girls were all out in the car. But I started to worry that someone would drive off with all of them if I took too long, so I cut it short.

By the way....THANK YOU JONEEL! The play date was a wonderful distraction! You fed my kids, they played so nicely and you fed me! I didn't even realize what a favor that was until I got home and realized all my kids were exhausted AND my house was still clean!

I'll leave the pictures as they are in the last post and just add this one! This is Georgi's little 'room'. There is actually some play space in there too where she can sit and play without being trampled! She's been sleeping in there for a few nights now and seems to like it......at least that is what I gather when she goes to bed at 7 and doesn't wake up till 8am!

1 comment:

  1. SOOO wanted to be there with you guys tonight!! I'm sure it was so special and incredible...I can't wait for pictures and a beautiful rendition from you on your blog. Love these kiddos and especially their parents!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading every comment!