Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rub a Dub, 4 kids in a tub



These pictures tell the story of the past month quite effectively. Glory to God for his abundance. Deep gratitude cleanses my iniquities as a parent and friend. Even I cannot feel badly about my short comings when I count the extravagant gifts. So good that I want no change.

These faces plant new seeds of hope hourly. We bonded immediately. But now I am falling in love. It's most obvious with Ridgley. It's true that we fall in love with people based on how they make us feel about ourselves. She imitates me. Flattery perfected. It's lovely to hear her use words that I use. To glean character from her mentor. I'll have to be careful to brush away the chaffy stuff because it will surely stick to her spongy hair.

Yesterday, I overheard her asking her friend if she knew what sin was and then later explaining to her that God wants us to think of others before ourselves. She watched Veggie Tales this morning. She must have considered it all day because this afternoon her furrowed brows had burst into a botox smooth realization that the cucumber was God! She's taking in the Gospel like it's Goldfish!

Caton is almost two now and that is hard because her hormone-a-coaster is making my life shake. But I'm proud to say that I am off the Wellbutrin and back on my Jesus-zac. 6am quiet times for 10-30 minutes do more than the drugs ever did to keep anxiety and nuttiness at bay. Jim has been fearfully, but wonderfully waking me. Thanks, babe.



This boy. This boy replaces caffeine. Well, he could if I could trust him to taste as warm and wakey-wakey. Max energizes me with daily unpracticed brain yoga. "Everytime I fart, I get smarter".

And Georgi is crawling and pulling up on everything. She hauls milk all over the place and you can hardly catch her. She's eating people food and has 5 chiclets that draw blood and smiles.

P. S. If you haven't read 1,000 Gifts and you think I might have said something lately that was insightful, please know it came from God, was captured in the colander that is the author of that book and poured into my life through the little holes. It's heavy and weird like Jack Black. But good and life-breathing like Reese Witherspoon doing CPR.

1 comment:

  1. "Every time I fart, I get smarter." Oh my goodness... he IS your child!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading every comment!